OUR TRAINING GOAL IS EXCELLENCE, WHAT'S YOURS?
Are Craigelachie Gundogs the Trainers to help you?
Read some of the many comments and thanks we get from our clients and then decide. We have not only helped many people to train their dogs from start to finish to become outstanding gundogs, but some dogs have also been saved from being rehomed, or worse, one last visit to the Vet. When you train with us, you get more than training help, you also get honesty, passion and commitment.
Our clients include people from all walks of life from Vets to Shelf Stackers, Police Dog Handlers to Doctors, Engineers to Beauticians.
With every new client comes a new challenge, for both us, the client and their dog. You never stop learning and every dog brings something with them to learn from.
Our clients come from all over the UK from Inverness to Somerset to Wales, Ireland and Europe. Everyone has their own reasons for deciding to work with and choose Craigelachie Gundogs and for most of them, they go away with considerably more information about training their dog than they ever thought possible. We get results where other trainers have failed. We teach people so much about their own dog and how to change their interaction with their dog to get the best from them. All our sessions are friendly, relaxed and informal (whatever the weather!).
Whether your dog comes to us through veterinary referral for behaviour/training issues, whether you're looking to compete with your dog, want to have the best dog at the shoot or just a very well behaved pet, during every session, we give you our undivided attention, commitment and passion to train your dog. If you don't believe me, read some of our many testimonials.
(There are many many more from owners of a wide variety of breeds, too many to put all of them here)
* Hi Kay Olly had his first shooting day today. We shot 97 partridge but I only gave him 5 retrieves. He delivered perfectly to hand. No problems with the gun. Sat well on the peg. I have had lots of compliments and we are happy boys. I told them all who had helped me. I know there is still a lot to learn. See you Monday. Kind regards, John & Olly (ESS)
* Kay, Bess has just had her first proper day’s shooting (though I didn’t) at **** - she was exemplary! All thanks to you. She was off the lead all day; sat quietly beside me through each drive with partridges flying over & past her at all heights; hunted at the end of each drive (I didn’t encourage retrieves until the last one) &, on the last drive retrieved about 3 birds in the open, one, a ...hundred & fifty yard retrieve in the middle of the drive from some thick bracken & then picked up several birds from the hedgerows on the way back to the truck.
Thanks for all your help. Would still like a “pen session”. David & Bess (Cocker)
* 'Dear Kay, I can't begin to thank you enough for the time we've spent with you over the past 3 days. Your warmth, humor and passion to help us has really touched me. I had completely lost all my confidence with him and really dreaded walk time as he would just drag me around and run amock! I now feel more back in control but I am under no illusion as to how much we are going to have to keep at his training each and every single day. If you give him an inch he will take a mile.
I feel like I have fallen in love with him all over again and can begin to really build on the bond I want to have (for a while it felt broken and I've felt completely disconnected to him). Thank you so very much and we would love to come down again in the next month or so. Much love Scott, Nicola and Ben (Intensive Gundog Training Weekend)
* Dear Kay, just a short note to say thank you so much for an excellent week. I enjoyed the lessons immensely and have come away with lots of strategies and ideas to use when problems arise. Thank you also for your timely reminder on playing with and enjoying Murphy's company, he is much loved but undoubtedly the fun had drained away from our relationship. Thanks again, just wish you weren't based 400 miles away! Sue & Murphy (Labrador) - (Intensive Gundog Training Week)
* Really enjoyed your training and working with you. Best fun we have ever had with Bailey. You are a very talented trainer and we are so glad we got to train with you. Lou's comment driving home was "If Kay was a shop she would be the Harrods of gundog training!" We will keep practicing and look forward to seeing you in October. Bailey stole something he shouldn't have. Before his training week he would have run off with it, chewed it, and growled if I had tried to get it out of his mouth. Amazing change....we are so thrilled with him. Steve & Bailey (ESS) - (Intensive Gundog Training Week)
* Kay, we just want to say a huge thank you for all your help with Barley. Not only has he learnt how to retrieve, he has learnt a few manners too. Without your help, goodness knows what would have happened to all of us. Gill & Barley (GSP)
* Kay, thank you so much for looking after Olly, he had a great time. We will definitely be coming back. I have also recommended you to some friends also. Kath & Olly (Beagle)
* Thanks Kay for some superb training! Your passion for dogs and gun dog training really shines through. Can't wait to come up and do some more with you :-) Love the photos too. See you soon. Louise & Bailey (ESS) - (Intensive Gundog Training Week)
* Thanks for last week Kay, really felt an improvement. Thanks for being patient with us both :) Janice & Wilson (Weimaraner)
* Kay goes well beyond any other dog trainer, total respect. Carol & Alfie (Labrador)
* Hi Kay, there are few people about with the integrity and professionalism shown by yourself and I would love Fern to continue her training with you. It is clear to see your passion for gundogs. Once again, thanks Kay. Alex & Fern (ESS) (Residential Training 2010/11)
* Just a quick note to say thanks very much for today, really enjoyed it and I have learned loads!... hopefully I'll be able to put it all across in the right way to Wilma. Karen & Wilma (Labrador)
* Really impressed with what you've achieved so far and we'll have to work really hard to keep it up. Andrea, Larry & Alfie (ESS) (Residential Training 2011)
* Kay, a great big thank you for the last few lessons. I realise now Bez was hunting way too far out and that I need to keep him in much closer. It was amazing to see how far he is actually able to retrieve from and I understand now what you mean when you say I have been giving him the wrong questions and why the questions I was asking, weren't working. Phil & Bez (GSP)
* Hi Kay, First of all, thanks' for putting up with us the other day! We all enjoyed ourselves and think it is definitely the right way to go as he responded better than he did at any of the indoor obedience sessions. Keith, Jaq & Luther (Vizsla)
* Hi Kay, Just a quick email to thank you for sunday and let you know we are working hard on our quartering and making sure my commands are spot on and I think they must be getting more clear for Charlie as his sit to the whistle is much better already. His quartering is coming on and he's turning great on the whistle and not changing into the wrong direction of his own accord so all seems to be coming on. Kay & Charlie (Cocker Spaniel)
* Hi Kay, thank you for your help today, it was fantastic to see what Duma can do and what we need to do. Duma must have enjoyed it as she is now sound asleep on the sofa. James & Duma
* Kay, over the past year we have seen canine behaviourists, dog psychologists, dog whisperers, canine therapists and been to obedience classes and finally we have found someone who can actually explain what his happening, show us how to help Billy and to be able to see progress in such a short space of time is amazing. Thank you Kay, honestly, you have saved him from losing his life because we thought that was the only thing left we could do. We wish we had met you 12 months ago. Thank you so much. Gordon & Billy
* Hi Kay, Firstly, we'd just like to let you know how much we all enjoyed our training. Jenson actually slept all afternoon and evening afterwards - we had to wake him for dinner! I think Jenson really enjoyed himself. We have been doing our homework and there has been progress....Jenson has been staying much nearer to us when off lead and his recall has improved already. We're looking forward to our next lesson. Sue & Jenson (Labrador)
* Hi Kay, just wanted to drop you a quick note to say thanks for Saturday. You've given us some great fundamentals to be working on until our next lesson. This is perfect, I understand exactly what you mean. It's so obvious when you say it, but, I would never have viewed it that way otherwise. Thanks again. Andrew & Cosmo (Cocker Spaniel)
* Really enjoyed the lesson on Monday night, I feel both Duke and I will benefit from more lessons. John & Duke (Labrador)
* Thank you once again for a great session this morning. I can't believe how well Dexter did with his retrieving, I'm so proud of him for doing so well at bringing retrieves back and not getting bored. Kim & Dexter (GSP)
* Thank you again for your help and advice on Saturday, it was brilliant. I feel like I've made progress already with Ozzy. I just wish that I had came to see you a few months ago. Graeme & Ozzy (Cocker Spaniel)
* Bella is like a changed dog. She is walking to heel like a dream and seems to be much calmer. I think she is also still losing weight as she seems to have more of a spring in her step. See you next week and thanks very much again. Sharon & Bella (Residential 2011)
* Hi Kay - thanks for your time, positive feedback & guidance advice when we recently visited you for an assessment with our cocker spaniel Holly. Gail & Holly
* We had been to several trainers and got nowhere with our very lively dog. We were about to lose all hope of ever getting anywhere with Jem. Kay took us for our assessment lesson and within seconds knew exactly what our dog needed. Our dog was no typical text book training candidate, she really needed tailored training and understanding. We had no idea what was wrong with her until we saw Kay, we knew it had to be bad because the other trainers had all failed to get anywhere with her. Turns out there was absolutely nothing wrong with her that a change in training couldn't fix. We have so much fun with Jem now, thank you so much. Gary, Marg & Jem
* When we took our dog to Kay at Craigelachie Gundogs we got far more than we had ever bargained on. We were expecting a formal lesson and some sort of test (the assessment). When we arrived we were greeted by a big smile and a friendly welcome. The assessment was nothing like what we'd thought, we just did what we normally do with Bunter for about 5 minutes and that was it, assessment over. Kay talked us through everything that she saw during the assessment and within minutes everything that Bunter had been doing made sense. The rest of the lesson was tailored purely for Bunter, it was great! We went home, practised the new training for a couple of weeks and went back to see Kay to make sure we were still on the right lines. We were and Bunter is a pleasure to live with now. Sisha, James & Bunter
* It's nearly a 4 hour round trip to get to Craigelachie Gundogs for us but every 4 weeks we make it because the difference in Sika since she started her training is amazing. Kay explained so much to us and we were able to see what Sika needed. Sika is now at the advanced stage of her training and being able to work her now really means that all the hard work in all weathers has paid off. To be honest, at first we thought she may have a bit of a psychological issue, turns out she is just really clever and was bored! Alistair, Bernice & Sika
* Looks like we'll get him to the field trial after all, thank you so much, we were so close to giving up on him. Dee (You're very welcome Dee, just do your best and let him do his stuff and that's all the thanks I need)
* Thank you so much, I learnt more from you in half an hour than I did with our highly paid trainer in a month. You explained so much about why Domino was behaving the way he was and explained in English, how to fix it, and we did. Life is so much more relaxed now. Thanks again. Jack
* I never knew that training your dog could be so much fun, that was amazing, thank you. Jennifer
* If only our last trainer could have explained it the way you did, I could have saved all that shouting for my husband instead of Buster! But then again, we'd never have met you and learned so much about this daft dog! Sally, Bill & Buster
* Love the site, just popped in to say hi and let you know that Peggy is still a fantastic little dog even though it's been 2 years since you told us where we were going wrong. Just shows, all it takes is someone to say how you should be doing it and it can make a life long difference, for everyone. Chris
* He never fails to return on the recall whistle now! A big thank you! Anthony & Tinker
* Now I understand what you mean when you say, dog training is a way of life, not a job. Fi
* He loves retrieving now, and we get so much pleasure watching him coming back with his ball so pleased with himself that he's done a good job. Sarah & Jeremy
* Thank you for your help to teach a few manners to the boys and I am confident we can get them sorted in due course and have to say, we have seen an improvement in them both since they returned. James & Emma with Billy & Rolo
* Hi Kay, thanks for the lessons on Sunday. Meg is pretty good on right and left now and quarters on 2 whistles. Progress! Brian & Meg
* When I'm not at home, I love being at Craigelachie. Thanks for looking after me. Love Tilly (ESS)
There are many many more from owners of a wide variety of breeds, too many to put all of them here.
GIVE YOUR DOG A CHANCE
IF YOU'RE STRUGGLING, COME ALONG FOR THE ASSESSMENT LESSON AND BE AMAZED AT HOW MUCH YOU CAN LEARN ABOUT YOUR DOG FROM JUST 1 SESSION
OUR TRAINING GOAL IS EXCELLENCE, WHAT'S YOURS?